Saturday, September 5, 2015

Wide-ranging dinner conversation inspires subjects of general interest ... first up: Podcasts

My lovely wife and I went to dinner with some old friends D and N last evening and I was making notes during dinner to send an email afterward. But I realized overnight that most of the subjects should be of general interest so I'm posting them here.

Podcasts

I mentioned the Bulletproof Radio Podcast  and it turns out that none of my dinner companions had ever listened to a podcast on their own. (Kate has listened to a few podcasts in the car with me but I was driving the car and the podcasts.)



Here's the general technique: Google the subject you're interested in and then the word podcast.  For example, Astronomy: there are several listed, and all have clickable links where you can listen to recent shows. Almost any radio show you listen to these days will be offered as a podcast.

I listen on my phone with the DoggCatcher app; this is available through the Google Play store for Android users. There is a built-in Apple Podcast player for you iPhone users. (Hi Kate.)

My Favorite Podcasts


Others I like


Really, the woods are full of them ...


No comments: