Sunday, January 1, 2023

Best Internet Service Provider was NOT one I already had ...

 I posted last year about my T-mobile internet service and competitors I was considering. It turned out I was wrong; there was a better alternative out there ... it's pretty new on the market and I wasn't looking for it.



My problems with T-mobile got to be bad enough that I started looking seriously at alternatives. Basically the speed would drop from Very Fast to Just Barely several times during the day. Rebooting its router usually (but not always) helped. Also its DNS was continually overloaded/slow.

I looked again at Xfinity, and others ... finally I noticed ads on a new service from Verizon, which I had ditched for cell phone service in 2003 over late "you have voice mail" prompts ... but their new service for Internet looked worth a try: $50 bucks per month, just like T-mobile.

So I signed up (since voicemail wouldn't be involved this time), leaving my T-mobile router up at the same time.

The upshot: Verizon is better. In fact, it's been almost perfect ... I've just seen one five-second drop out when I happened to be watching one day, and it's plenty fast:

Wahoo!

Bye, T-mobile ....

Not any more! And I still have my Google Fi phone hotspot Just in Case.





No comments: