Sunday, April 24, 2022

Week 2: Miner gets to work!

My Helium miner started producing a trickle of the $HNT token it produces. So far I've made 0.41 $HNT, which is worth $7.22 at the current $HNT price of $17.62.


This shows one factor to consider: $HNT was about $24 when I started looking at this about a month ago, which would have made my little snippet worth $9.84.

Oh well; looks like $HNT pretty closely tracks Bitcoin, which is down with the rest of the stock market over the next month.




How far away is my breakeven point? Clearly this can't be predicted with any precision, as the $HNT price could go anywhere at any time. So I'm going to just assume $18. I've been generating $HNT for a week now (the miner was "syncing" for a few days until then.

So if the mining rig cost $585 and it makes $7.38 per week, that makes the breakeven point 79+ weeks away.

Let's go out 5 years with the same assumptions:

7.38 x 52.5 x 5 = $1937.250.

That's $1352 or so when subtracting out the capital cost. Not bad!




Also:
  •  I'm neglecting Internet and electricity cost ... both are tiny.
  • I'm assuming the hardware is reliable enough to run without a glitch for 5+ years

Next week I'll figure out how to convert the $HNT into real $$$ and move them from my virtual wallet to my real wallet  and will post the details here! See you then.






No comments: