Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Crypto mining that's socially useful ... and can make a bit of money too!

I recently read a book on the background and the highly dysfunctional team behind Ethereum, one of the leading crypto "coins":


 

Some of the principals behind this coin made boatloads of money. I missed the whole crypto investment thing until I bought $5 worth of Ethereum and $5 worth of bitcoin several months ago via the Webull app. My account is up 52% from inception in early 2021 ... but current value is $222.06: not a life-changing amount.

The New York Times had an article a couple of months ago about a socially useful application of crypto mining. 

I recently moved into a more densely populated area that it seemed to make sense for me to try this, so this week I took the first step of buying the equipment. It was $587.87 and will be here soon.

I'll update the blog every week on my results on this project; watch this space!

No comments: