Saturday, April 4, 2020

My latest afib (and general health) regimen

A couple of years ago I gave the list of supplements I was taking to keep afib under control.

One I was taking then:


This became unavailable for quite a while so I substituted copper and zinc, two minerals it includes. I get enough calcium, vitamin D and magnesium from other sources, food and supplement-wise.

Then finally Twinlab got its production back on line and I got a bottle ... but:


I had a relatively mild episode, fortunately, but I wondered WTF and through a tiny bit of research found this:

High Levels of Calcium Interfere With Potassium Uptake In Cells

Harrumph. So the Tri-Boron Plus went back on the shelf.

So now my regimen (no more afib episodes and no cold since the one I had in March 2019):


  • Biocardiozyme Forte 4 per day    Biotin Research -- only officially available through a local provider
  • Potassium 99mg   6 per day  Vitamin Shoppe
  • Magnesium 400mg 2 per day Nature Made via Costco
  • Vitamin D   1000iu  4 per day Nature Made via Costco
  • Vitamin C  1 gram 1 x per day though considering going to 2-3 grams
  • Kelp 600mcg iodine or so per day, split into 2 doses
  • Selenium 200mcg 
  • Copper + Zinc 1 tab per day 
And I'm working from home and mostly staying home keeping the Other Thing at bay:

Be well!


No comments: