Friday, October 26, 2018

Chipotle:: get 15% off with cash app, win free burritos for feedback ... or win one occasionally being sneaky

Chipotle is my favorite "fast casual" restaurant. Despite their problems of a couple of years ago
... I never had a personal issue with their food causing me illness and I took advantage of their hyperpromotion giving catering to anybody who got 2 burritos per month in 2016:

Lately on their receipts they've been offering a chance for free burritos for a year for giving feedback at their website set up for this purpose.

And one promotion that I take advantage regularly at Chipotle is their deal giving 15% off for using the Square Cash app debit card, which Cash calls a "boost":

Finally, the sneaky method (that Chipotle should fix!) ... the Cash App's debit card has to be preloaded (via the app) for enough money for what you're about to spend it on. A couple of times recently I've goofed and gotten my burrito and left the counter and only then got the ding on my cell phone:


In neither case was there any notice given from the cashier ... if I'd been doing this intentionally I could have been around the corner and out of the place before anybody had a chance of catching me. (Instead in both cases I added money to my cash app and went back to the counter to have them rerun the transaction.)

I'd think some indication would get flashed at the cashier ... Maybe it is and they just are too busy?

Don't know ... I'll settle for the 15%, but others may not!

No comments: