Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Scott Adams on Trump and Reality in general

Scott Adams was an early viewer of Trump as a Master Persuader; this book gives details up through early 2017:

I read this in one sitting ... I've always been a fan of Dilbert, but I especially was interested in Adams' view of Trump as a Master Persuader ...

His story of Hillary supporters' threats during the campaign was also compelling; he also discusses hypnosis and the alternate versions of reality that we all inhabit.

Finally, he's a fan of Robert Cialdini, who apparently was advising Bernie Sanders and then Hillary (too little too late), and I've been a Cialdini fan since I read his first book decades ago:


Adams also has a "blog" which he's relaxed into a sloppy-sounding podcast and is begging for nickels on Patreon ... I would think he could self-fund this as he says in the book he has "fuck you money" and can therefore maintain his independent voice ...

I think both of these books would be of interest to any politician or sales person ...


No comments: