Friday, September 23, 2016

A book I wish I'd read $600,000 ago

I finally read this book too late:


I had the largest loss of my trading career yet in July 2016, after the market zoomed up after Brexit and I was short. I couldn't believe it wouldn't go back down, and it just didn't for way too long ...

Mark Douglas lost everything he had trading: job, house, car, wife. He then looked into the psychology of trading losses and came up with insights that I think have gotten me off the losing track, finally.

I strongly suggest any trader would benefit by this book so I won't leak more of the contents except one of his principles that spoke most loudly to me:

Anything Can Happen at Any Time


I should have known this as I've been trading since 2009, but I just didn't have it installed uppermost in my belief system ... where it is now.

Thanks, Mr. Douglas and best of trading to all you traders out there!

No comments: