Monday, January 31, 2011

Premium burgers worth trying around Seattle

I was discussing burgers with some friends this weekend and promised them a summary of my favorites, so here it is!

First on the list is the Metropolitan Grill's Works Burger (or probably any other burger on their menu). It's Wagyu (American Kobe) beef and they will generally cook it to order (i.e. medium rare to rare for me). $14.

Close seconds: The Islander on Mercer Island, Sullivan's Steakhouse downtown Seattle (only $9 -- see previous post), JaK's Grill (Issaquah, Laurelhurst, West Seattle).

Also possibly worthwhile, though each of these had at the time I last tried them some spice that I didn't like: The Capital Grille and Von's (both downtown Seattle). CG's tasted oniony, Von's like a rusty nail (to me, anyway), but seemed otherwise good if you like those particular spices.

Bon apetit!

No comments: