Saturday, December 8, 2018

PCC vs Jimmy John's: a surprising winner

I was out with my Lovely Organic Wife today running errands around Maple Valley and I asked if I could swing by Jimmy John's in Maple Valley to grab a sandwich for lunch:


She said, "How about Issaquah? I have to go by the post office and to PCC. I said "OK", but then the traffic in Issaquah for Saturday was so icky:


That I just said, the "the heck with it, I'll just find something at PCC."


For those not familiar, the stores do business as PCC Natural Markets and there are several ... they are competitive with Whole Foods and similar stores, but are a natural/organic focused retailer that's been around Puget Sound for a long time.

(My favorite quote on PCC: I was in the Issaquah store and some kid asked "where's the real grocery store?")

That being said: not necessarily the place I would have thought I'd get a delicious sandwich, but today I did: the Chicken Pesto Panini!


It was delicious ... and $7.49 ... and the cookies are $1 each (I like the oatmeal orange):


And they have drinks I like ... unlike some Jimmy Johns locally which only have "Fuse" iced tea. Bleah!

I'm going to make this a regular Saturday stop for a while ... too bad Jimmy John's and Potbelly!

No comments: